I am a lover of London Fogs. They are so delicious, but they make my stomach ache because of the milk. Usually I will order them with almond milk, but it’s just not the same. (Also- why doesn’t Starbucks have Almond Milk?!)
I have tried to make London Fogs at home, but it’s just not the same, even with real milk. It never tastes complete.
So today, I was busy putting up my Christmas decorations and Benton picked up some Eggnog (I was willing to sacrifice my happy stomach for a little bit of Christmas Spirit). I drank the eggnog plain and realized how sweet and creamy it was! Immediately, I thought of adding some Earl Grey tea.
Usually these ideas of mine end up in serious failure. But I am happy to report that this one was a success! I have affectionately named it the Earl-Nog and it will be my go-to Christmas drink for years to come.
How to Make the Earl-Nog:
- Fill your cup with 3/4 eggnog and place it into a small saucepan on medium heat. Make sure to stir it frequently.
- Boil some water
- Add enough water for your tea to steep in (less than 1/4 of your cup)
- Add the tea bag and let it steep until it is dark
- You can either keep the tea bag in or take it out. I took it out.
- Once your eggnog is boiling pour it into the glass but leave a little bit of room for frothing.
- Take a milk frother and get it foamy.
- VOILA! Your delicious Earl-Nog!